WHO ARE WE?
- We are DRK Beauty, a newly launched digital content and community platform with a mission to support, celebrate, and empower women of color.
- Recently launched in November 2019 by Founder Wilma Mae Basta and Co-Founder Danielle Jackson.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
- DRK Beauty is leading a national mental health initiative called DRK Beauty Healing.
- The initiative aims to give away 10,000 hours of free therapy to those who identify as women of color in the US and have been affected by COVID-19.
- DRK Beauty is asking clinicians of color across America to donate 10+ hours of treatment (pro bono) as part of the first phase. We estimate that it will take at least four weeks to raise the 10,000 hours.
- On Friday, May 15th, 2020 we launched our directory of clinicians who have donated their time on our sign up page.
- The those in need of support will have immediate access to the directory and be able to contact clinicians directly. We will continue to work hard to raise the remaining hours and add new clinicians daily to the directory over the coming weeks.
WHEN ARE WE DOING THIS?
- The initiative launched on Friday, May 15th, 2020, and will run until the first 10,000 therapy hours are used up by clients.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT DRK BEAUTY HEALING?
You may help by posting about the initiative on your Instagram feed, stories, and/or IGTV. If you would like to post a video on what mental health means to you, that would also be meaningful.
To maximize our effort, we have launched the DRK Beauty Healing fundraising campaign to raise $1M and continue our mental health initiative.
- If you are a brand, philanthropist or an individual who can afford to financially support our initiative, go to our GoFundMe page and donate NOW!
As always you can follow us at @thisisdrkbeauty.
Please us using the hashtag: #DRKBEAUTY #DRKBEAUTYHEALING so that we can repost!