A glowy skin tutorial for all year long.
The battle between the way our skin looks in the summer versus the way it looks in the winter is ongoing. The dry winter weather does a serious number on our skin causing it to be dull, dry and overall unflattering. The sun often gets a bad wrap but it honestly has some great health benefits. The penetration rays from the sun forces the body to produce vitamin D from cholesterol and this is crucial for one’s overall health. The sun’s ultraviolet B (UVB) rays hit cholesterol in the skin cells, providing the energy for vitamin D synthesis to occur. Vitamin D aids the body in protecting itself from inflammation and improved brain function to name a few.
To maintain that glow in the winter that we all know and love, it’s recommended that you develop a skincare regimen inclusive of occasional facials. However in the interest of time, if your need is more immediate, we partnered with Avielle Amor, founder of Skin Seeds, to share 4 easy steps on how to achieve a natural vibrant look to help you glow this season.
- First smile, and dab blush onto cheeks. Concentrate the color on the fullest part of the cheek.
- Using the warmth of your fingers, tap to blend and smooth blush and highlighter. Start with the rounds of the cheek and work your fingers up.
- Apply cream highlighter to the highest points of the face. This would include the tops of the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, and the area around the temples.
- When using creams over foundation don’t stress about rubbing away product. Remember, less is more.
Create your own personal skincare regiment starting with these four simple steps:
- Find and use a gentle cleanser that doesn’t dry out your skin.
- Apply a vitamin c serum.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.
- Don’t forget sunscreen.